- ZAR Price: 500 to R3,000 + vat
- City: National
- Country: South Africa
- Listed: June 9, 2017 6:43 am
- Expires: 184 days, 10 hours
Emu for sale 2017 – Emoe te koop 2017:
Indien u belangstel om enige wild via ons netwerk te bemark, kontak ons gerus enige tyd.
Hoop 2017 is ‘n uitstekende jaar vir julle
Please feel free to contact us in advance if you want to buy or sell via our network.
Have an awesome 2017.
(074) 766 8497
—–Animals below this line NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE – pre-2016:
Sold: 6 x Emoes te koop, stuk excl btw – PTA
(Die een is ‘n wyfie en die ander 5 se geslagte in nog onbekend).
FEB. 2016 – All previous prices removed.
Emu for sale, (Breeding pair)
6 May 2015: Emoe te koop, (3 x Broeipare en 6 x los voels) – Potchefstroom.
Please contact us if you need any emu’s and/or you have emu’s available.
Marco Claassens (074)766-8497
— pre-2015 below —
Sold: 2 Emu pairs for sale – 4 Emoes te koop(2 emoe paartjies te koop).
The adults are sold. Excl vat and loaded onto transport in the Klerksdorp area..
Volwasse emoes te koop teen R1,800 en die kleintjiessold. BTW uitgesluit en kan gelaai word in die Klerksdorp omgewing.
Please note these are for breeding pairs, but they are currently kept seperate.
Some quick info before you decide you want to grow your own emo ‘products’ in your back yard.
– 10 pairs will need between 2 and 3 hectares.
– The female lay an egg about every 3rd day (April to October) – weighing about half a kilogram.
– Emu fat is used to produce oils rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 essencial fatty acids .
– Emu’s are further harvested for meat, skin and feathers – the eggs are also used as art items (by carvers).
– From ages of 18months, the female will start to lay eggs and their production years are around 25. (They can live till 40).
Kontak ons gerus. Please fill in your contact details on the forms to the right or email us.
Please supply your name/telephone number and area.
Marco Claassens – (074)766-8497
The Wildlife Team – South Africa
A few questions related to these beautiful eggs came up:
Q: Color of emu eggs – outside
A: Dark green in colour, with different layers of the shell being lighter green(almost turquoise in colour) as you go deeper.
Q: Color of emu eggs – inside
A: About same as chicken eggs – sorry, use some food colouring if you want to entertain the kids.
Q: Emu egg size
A: 135 x 90mm with a chicken egg 55 x 43mm
Q: Emu eggs weight
A: About ten times the weight of a chicken egg(55g). Weight is around 600g. (An ostrich egg is 24 times the size of a chicken egg.)
Q: Eating and opening/breaking the egg
A: To eat the egg without breaking the shell, you’ll make a blow-hole at the top and bottom. Taste like chicken egg.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: March 27, 2011
Other items listed by admin
- Geel blesbok ram te koop – Yellow blesbuck ram for sale
- Goue Gemsbokke te Koop – Golden Oryx for sale
- Renosters te koop 2017 – Rhinos for sale 2017
- Black impalas for sale 2017 – Swart rooibokke te koop 2017
- Kameelperde te koop 2017 – Giraffe for sale 2017